Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:44 pm by MR SINBAD

» VILLIERS 1H
Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:37 am by piston 197

PARTS WANTED

View previous topic View next topic Go down

PARTS WANTED

Post  the-oz-s on Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:13 am

HELLO AGAIN,
I NOW HAVE A BASIC LIST OF PARTS I NEED FOR MY 1952 FB....
Needed are the following parts.
1. Complete rear brake assembly [plate, shoes, brake rod, springs, lever, actuator cam]
2. Taillight complete with mounting plate, lens, all the assorted pieces.
3. 1 footpeg.
4. Tank badgers.
5. Name and address of a company who can rebuild and recover the seat. I have the frame, no springs.
6. Complete exhaust sytem [head pipe, engine nut, muffler, brackets] Mine is in very poor shape.
7. Parts book
8. Workshop manual
9. Air filter
10. front brake cable [make my own?]
11. clutch cable [make my own?]
12. Speedo drive and speedo cable
13. Rear axle complete
14. Name and contact number for someone who can rebuild the Smiths speedo
15. Wiring diagram
16. Wiring harness [or do I make my own?]

I will be very happy to pay market prices and postage to Edmonton Canada for any and all parts from the list. Alternatively, I will be in the UK in October and would be happy to collect and pay for all the parts required.
Regards and thanks in advance for any help you can give.......
Al Gill
Edmonton Canada

the-oz-s

Back to top Go down

parts

Post  kerabo on Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:01 pm

Hello

For your tank badge rubbers try John Harding. Piston on this forum He supplied mine.
For badges try Tank Badges Gary Venning FBOC 01256323064
For a new seat or repairs try R K Leighton Birmingham 01213590514
For an exhaust try Amrmours 01202519409.
Parts list and manual from the club you need Arthur Gent name in FB directory
Cables try JJ Cables 01926651470
You may struggle with your speedo but try Malcolm Leach or Ebay. Sorry no number
Wiring will be in the manual
Some but not all of these you wil lbe able to search the web details

Hope this helps Ken

kerabo

Location : Falcon 87. Trials 93 Special. Powerbike 56. Falcon 81 Green Lane bitsa. Sunbeam S8. Honda Deuville.

Back to top Go down

Helping a Guest

Post  MoscowFlyer on Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:32 pm

Hi Al, the engine number you gave us signifies it to be a Villiers 8E, therefore an exhaust system for a 1952 model 58 may or may not fit. By the way my name is Mike.
MoscowFlyer

Back to top Go down

parts required

Post  the oz s on Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:36 pm

Mike,
Is this not the correct engine for my bike?
Thanks also to Ken for all the information on suppliers.
Al

the oz s

Back to top Go down

Parts Required

Post  MoscowFlyer on Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:26 pm

Hi Al, the 8E was fitted to the 1954 Falcon 67, it is a 197cc and very similar to the 6E. What I was going to say is, have you thought about joining our club. You have quite a list, and while there is a willingness to help a guest, there is more help available for a member. ie spares books and manuals, also we have a fine magazine which you could put a wanted ad into, this would get to all the members. We have a stock of club spares, but when you think there were 102 models, there is no guarantee the part you want will be there. Members help each other with spares, only last week Paul in Christchurch New Zealand sent parts to Stan in the south of France so he could get his bike on the road. This club is truly international these days, with members all over the world. We also have members in Canada. It costs 14 + 2 joining fee, if you just join for one year to get your spares, it would be worth it, who knows you may enjoy it so much, you will stay a member. Mike Cool
MoscowFlyer

Back to top Go down

PARTS WANTED

Post  the-oz-s on Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:39 pm

Mike, I am joining the Club. I was just simply trying to get a feel for the availability of help and parts, and have been impressed with the support given to a non-member. I belong to a number of owners clubs as I have a number of bikes, but you guys have been very helpful and friendly. I will send my $ off immediately. I will be in the UK in early October and may try to arrange to get as many parts as I can while I am there.
Regards
Al

the-oz-s

Back to top Go down

spares

Post  kerabo on Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:07 pm

If you coming to the uk why not use a member to have all you parts sent to and then collect. What part will you be visiting

Ken
kerabo

Location : Falcon 87. Trials 93 Special. Powerbike 56. Falcon 81 Green Lane bitsa. Sunbeam S8. Honda Deuville.

Back to top Go down

PARTS WANTED

Post  the-oz-s on Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:00 am

I am travelling through to Kazakhstan on business, will be going through Heathrow, but want to spend at least the weekend on each end of my trip in the UK, and go to a couple of speedway meetings, maybe a road race depending on scheduling, and an auto jumble.....I will go where the opportunity to see some decent bike events takes me...free as the breeze, at least until the credit card statement hits the mailbox.
I had thought about asking a member to collect bits for me, will take that step once I pay my membership, wouldnt be presumptious and ask beforehand.
Im looking forward to the trip....well the UK part, not necessarily the Kazak part.....
Al

the-oz-s

Back to top Go down

Re: PARTS WANTED

Post  chats on Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:33 am

Hi I have a falcon 54 and a falcon 58(1953) both don't have tank badges, from what I'm told tank badges are from 1954 (just what I was told not a 100% sure). I will try and get a photo of the speedo drive that is on the 54 if your not sure what that one looks like because it took me a while to find because I wasn't sure what they looked like. hope this is some help. P.S worth joining the guys are a great help!! Paul

chats

Back to top Go down

Parts Wanted

Post  MoscowFlyer on Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:06 pm

Hi Al, Paul is right your bike has stickers. There are a pair on eBay to look at, I'm sure they are the ones they use. Mike Cool
Click Below
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FRANCIS-BARNETT-Gold-Script-Classic-Motorcycle-Stickers-/400044855252?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item5d24880fd4
MoscowFlyer

Back to top Go down

Falcon 58 Road test

Post  MoscowFlyer on Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:49 pm

Hi, I saw this on French eBay, I guess it would be a nice thing to have if you own a Falcon 58. Mike Cool

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290340213799
MoscowFlyer

Back to top Go down

PARTS WANTED

Post  the-oz-s on Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:09 am

Hi everyone, been away for awhile working on the 1970 Yamaha XS1 I acquired at the same time as the FB.
Have sent my Bank Draft for membership, so will ask if anyone out there can help me with parts from my list. I will be in the UK the weekend of October 2-3 on my way to a business conference in Kazakhstan [of all places to go]. I am flying through Heathrow, but want to stay for the weekend and get to some speedway races while I am in town. If any member is in the London area and would be kind enough to allow me to use their address to send parts to it would be very much appreciated, and I am sure that I will have a baseball cap or collectors T shirt of some type to hand over at the very least......
I have sent a list with my membership money also to get the widest exposure I possibly can.
I know that I can get a complete new exhaust system from Armours, so that is off the list, but everything else is needed as listed.

I will also be bringing the Smiths chromometric speedo with me to hand off to be refurbished. It is in good shape but I want the bike to be absolutely perfect as this is one of my legacy gifts to my grand-daughter when I go to that great bike dirt-track in the sky.....
Al

the-oz-s

Back to top Go down

Tank stickers

Post  the-oz-s on Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:24 am

Bought the stickers off ebay...thanks for the link
Al

the-oz-s

Back to top Go down

Parts wanted

Post  John Beattie on Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:29 am

Hi! Al.
I cannot help you with parts supply but I am glad to be able to recommend John Heywood for all things Smiths speedo ( E mail: heywood@airengcons.freeserve.co.uk). He sorted mine and I have passed his name on to others who have been equally happy with the result. Good luck with your project. John.

Last edited by John Beattie on Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missed detail)
John Beattie

Back to top Go down

Parts Wanted

Post  MoscowFlyer on Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:27 pm

Hi Al, welcome back. I can help you with the wiring diagram, which one do you want ie Direct or Rectifier? Mike Cool

MoscowFlyer

Back to top Go down

wiring diagram

Post  the-oz-s on Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:25 am

Mike, I have no clue.............
But I would presume rectified current is what I need for a battery system??? correct? So I will stab a guess at rectified....I do however have the remnants of a wiring harness among the parts box. Is there any way I can tell?
Al

the-oz-s

Back to top Go down

wiring Diagram

Post  MoscowFlyer on Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:49 pm

Hi Al, you are right its the one with the battery. Don't ask me about electrics, it deffinitely is not my subject, I know just enough to get by. Mike Cool

MoscowFlyer

Back to top Go down

Brake Cable

Post  MoscowFlyer on Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:31 am

Hi Al, I see you have put brake rod wanted. You maybe interested or maybe not, to know that your bike has a cable operated rear brake. When I see them I think how advanced they look for 1952. I think it is unique to your model, unique = rare = hard to find. Forever the optimist! Mike Cool

MoscowFlyer

Back to top Go down

PARTS WANTED

Post  the-oz-s on Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:56 pm

Thats it, add it to the list, rather than a rod...thanks for the help.

I have sent a list of parts needed with my membership. I am very fortunate in having a son who is an engineer and very talented at fixing electrics, so Im good to go on the electical issues. He is actually going to restore the FB with my guidance, and I know he will finish it to concours standards rather than dear-old-dad who will just cobble it together and ride it...much like the six or seven others I have in the garage and garden shed...at my age I just wanna ride-em!!! Smile

Went for a ride on my 1970 XS1 today, it was cold and windy and the freeway wasnt much fun but it was still good to get out on two wheels Very Happy Very Happy ....winter is fast approaching and -30 is on the cards again some time I'm sure... Crying or Very sad
Al

the-oz-s

Back to top Go down

parts wanted

Post  the-oz-s on Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:25 pm

Hi everyone,
membership now paid, Im the proud owner of membership #456....
I have listed my parts needs with the secretary and hope a list is in the next newsletter...
In the meanwhile, can someone advise me on where to buy polished stainless spokes. I will need new rims, but I intend to paint them, so obviously wont need them chromed, but stainless would still be a good idea, I assume. I also assume Hagon or CWC would be able to supply both.

If anyone has a rear brake pedal assy, entire rear brake backing plate assy, rear axle [complete] and LH footpeg laying around I do need these items.
Thank you
Al

the-oz-s

Back to top Go down

parts wanted

Post  the oz s on Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:30 am

CWC will do the stainless spokes, 60 quid a set............seems expensive but they are obviously pretty rare so they cant count on selling thousands of sets to make it cost effective.
Al

the oz s

Back to top Go down

Re: PARTS WANTED

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top