» Villers 14A seagul engine HELP
Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:14 am by JonTheBuilder

» pivot tube
Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:54 pm by ernie

pivot tube

View previous topic View next topic Go down

pivot tube

Post  ernie on Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:30 pm

can anyone tell me if the pivot tube in the centre stand on my plover should turn when putting it on the the stand.because my pivot tube does not turn in the confines of the stand itself.and does it actually knock out because I have tried and it does not want to budge ernie

ernie

Back to top Go down

Pivot tube

Post  piston 197 on Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:48 am

The clue is in the name pivot tube, the stand should pivot on this and the centre tube should stay clamped up.
The tube is held at each end by bolts, it has two larger diameters at each end and is relieved in the middle., the stand centre tube hole is slightly larger than the pivot tube allowing it to pivot around this tube. I would advise once you have it apart to pack the relieved centre diameter with grease to prevent it seizing again ?
JH
piston 197

Back to top Go down

Pivot Tube

Post  ernie on Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:04 am

piston 197 wrote:The clue is in the name pivot tube, the stand should pivot on this and the centre tube should stay clamped up.
The tube is held at each end by bolts, it has two larger diameters at each end and is relieved in the middle., the stand centre tube hole is slightly larger than the pivot tube allowing it to pivot around this tube. I would advise once you have it apart to pack the relieved centre diameter with grease to prevent it seizing again ?
JH

Hi JH
Thanks for the quick reply could you tell me how i get the tube out of the stand housing it seems to be seized ,do i knock it out or is there a another way to do it ?
Many thanks for your help
Ernie

ernie

Back to top Go down

Tube removal

Post  piston 197 on Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:26 am

In theory it should knock out, but it will dependent on how rusted/seized it is, i would suggest leaving the whole thing in some diesel for a couple of days before attempting to remove to give it time to soak through, it may be necessary to apply some heat if really stuck.
Or you could be lucky and it might just tap out, but if you burr the ends over, or damage the threads in the end it will be a devil of a job !
JH
piston 197

Back to top Go down

pivot tube

Post  ernie on Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:54 pm

thanks for your help again JH .I will give it a good soak as suggested and hope I have some luck. regards ernie

ernie

Back to top Go down

Re: pivot tube

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top