» AMC 250CC CARB
Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:44 pm by MR SINBAD

» VILLIERS 1H
Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:37 am by piston 197

cruiser 80

View previous topic View next topic Go down

cruiser 80

Post  intrudin on Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:06 am

im looking for a cruiser 80 seat any condition, evan a rusty old seat pan of same.i have no idea of mounting points etc. is there a alternative i.e  Falcon 87?? Leightons do one foR the Falcon will this fit? any pics of the underside of the cruiser seat will be greatly appreciated. as you can see im located in Canada and shipping cost aren't cheap so want to make sure i get some think that will fit.

cheers jimd
intrudin

Back to top Go down

Re: cruiser 80

Post  dodgeyroger on Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:47 am

intrudin wrote:im looking for a cruiser 80 seat any condition, evan a rusty old seat pan of same.i have no idea of mounting points etc. is there a alternative i.e  Falcon 87?? Leightons do one foR the Falcon will this fit? any pics of the underside of the cruiser seat will be greatly appreciated. as you can see im located in Canada and shipping cost aren't cheap so want to make sure i get some think that will fit.

cheers jimd
Hi Jim, I have almost finished my Cruiser 80 restoration. I have 2 seats for it, both in decent condition, one is original but needs a repair to a slight tear at the rear of it, the other is perfect but has been recovered in a shade of green slightly lighter than normal . the base of both are OK. When I have decided whitch one to keep , you are welcome to the other. PM me your contact details and I will send some photos.
Regards Roger

dodgeyroger

Back to top Go down

sEATS

Post  piston 197 on Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:57 pm

The Falcon 87 one is not the same as the Cruiser 80, it has a similar pan, but the front mountings are approx 2" apart ( unklike the Cruiser) and the rear mounts are in a different position, i am sure a Falcon 87 one could be modified, but better to get the correct thing from the post above even if it has to be re-covered
JH
piston 197

Back to top Go down

2 0ff

Post  intrudin on Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:02 pm

Thanks Roger for keeping my enthusiasm going it's tough here in the colonies Very Happy

PM sent

thanks JH

regards jimd
intrudin

Back to top Go down

Re: cruiser 80

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top