Latest topics
» F B Spares
Yesterday at 9:01 pm by bill2b

» Cruiser 89 air filter for Viliers 4T engine
Yesterday at 4:39 pm by piston 197

» Fulmar Speedo on ebay
Yesterday at 12:59 pm by fulmar88

» What's this from
Yesterday at 10:09 am by john87

» tank badge fixing screws
Yesterday at 1:39 am by intrudin

» Plover with Engine Number 12T 5090
Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:49 pm by Farley

» wheel nut
Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:30 am by alan67

» Fuel Tank cap
Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:00 pm by bill2b

» Age etc of plover please?
Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:57 pm by piston 197


New wipac switches help

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New wipac switches help

Post  Sgtbiro on Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:36 pm

Hi bit if a novice when it comes to electrics so i have just bought two new wipac switches for my cruiser 80, lights and ignition, and was just wondering if it is better to just solder the wires direct to the switches or should i buy the bottom parts and fit the wires to them.

Cheers Kevin..

Sgtbiro

Posts : 62
Join date : 2017-04-20

Back to top Go down

Switches

Post  kerabo on Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:11 pm

Sooner you than me if you solder separate terminals on.
I made a complete loom and then was unable to get those plug ends so scrapped it.
That was some time ago though. I think Bantams have the same switch do you may get ends there.

Ken
avatar
kerabo

Posts : 2124
Join date : 2008-02-11
Age : 67
Location : Falcon 87. Trials 93 Special. Powerbike 56. Falcon 81 Green Lane bitsa. Sunbeam S8. Honda Deuville.

Back to top Go down

wipac switch

Post  alan67 on Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:41 am

Hi Kevin I had same prob as you when i restored my cruiser 80, you can find top part of switch but the bottom part the socket is as the say hens teeth, i tryed to buy two sockets from some of the companies that reproduce wiring looms but they wont sell just the sockets as they want you to buy the hole loom but im sure a company called dragonfly motorcycles in bungay suffolk helped me thay are on the interweb happy hunting and good look Alan
avatar
alan67

Posts : 23
Join date : 2017-10-30
Age : 61
Location : lowestoft suffolk

Back to top Go down

Wipac switch S0781 and S0782

Post  FB vincent on Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:21 pm

On offer by Bournemouth Bantams at http://bournemouthbantams.co.uk/product-category/electrical/

Above supplier is nothing to do with me!!!!

Sandy

FB vincent

Posts : 588
Join date : 2009-01-20
Location : Hertfordshire

Back to top Go down

Re: New wipac switches help

Post  Sgtbiro on Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:05 pm

kerabo wrote:Sooner you than me if you solder separate terminals on.
I made a complete loom and then was unable to get those plug ends so scrapped it.
That was some time ago though.  I think Bantams have the same switch do you may get ends there.

Ken

Cheers Ken will have a look.
Kevin..

Sgtbiro

Posts : 62
Join date : 2017-04-20

Back to top Go down

Re: New wipac switches help

Post  Sgtbiro on Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:06 pm

FB vincent wrote:On offer by Bournemouth Bantams at http://bournemouthbantams.co.uk/product-category/electrical/

Above supplier is nothing to do with me!!!!

Sandy

Cheers Sandy they look just what iam looking for.
Kevin..

Sgtbiro

Posts : 62
Join date : 2017-04-20

Back to top Go down

Re: New wipac switches help

Post  Sgtbiro on Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:08 pm

alan67 wrote:Hi Kevin  I had same prob as you when i restored my cruiser 80, you can find top part of switch but the bottom part the socket  is as the say hens teeth, i tryed to buy two sockets from some of the companies that reproduce wiring looms but they wont sell just the sockets as they want you to buy the hole loom  but im sure a company called  dragonfly motorcycles in bungay suffolk helped me   thay are on the interweb  happy hunting and good look     Alan
Cheers Alan i will take a look.
Kevin..

Sgtbiro

Posts : 62
Join date : 2017-04-20

Back to top Go down

Wiring

Post  kerabo on Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:49 pm

Sgtbiro wrote:
FB vincent wrote:On offer by Bournemouth Bantams at http://bournemouthbantams.co.uk/product-category/electrical/

Above supplier is nothing to do with me!!!!

Sandy

Cheers Sandy they look just what iam looking for.
Kevin..


That's a good find
Well done
avatar
kerabo

Posts : 2124
Join date : 2008-02-11
Age : 67
Location : Falcon 87. Trials 93 Special. Powerbike 56. Falcon 81 Green Lane bitsa. Sunbeam S8. Honda Deuville.

Back to top Go down

Re: New wipac switches help

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum