» AMC 250CC CARB
Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:44 pm by MR SINBAD

» VILLIERS 1H
Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:37 am by piston 197

Thank you John

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Thank you John

Post  Bob1557 on Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:31 pm

I would like to say a BIG thank you J H because on my trip to Ross on wye jumble last Saturday the 9th looking for parts for my latest rebuild ( got side tracked with an Ariel ) which I have taken on from some else only to find that some parts are without doubt like hens teeth, asking John about parts supply that Draganfly/ John Budgen are unable to obtain, after perusing his stall myself of an abundance of motorcycle parts J H put his hand into a parts box and withdrew something I had given up bidding or looking for as it did not stop the bike from being roadworthy. I continued around the rest of the pitches and there were many, looking more intensely at their goods and was able to make a small collection of useable parts and therefore it was a brilliant day.
Last year he got me a Ali carb cover for my cruiser 80 and this year a rare moulded Ali front number plate, John you are a star and a great asset to the our club. Bob.

Last edited by Bob1557 on Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
Bob1557

Back to top Go down

Thanks Bob

Post  piston 197 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:56 am

Thanks for the praise Bob, The South midlands Autojumble ( ross-on-Wye) is now in it's 27th year and is one of the last privately run "grass roots" autojumbles, stall prices have remained the same since it started so it does encourage more private sellers than some of the bigger,corporate jumbles, so interesting stuff does turn up at reasonable prices.
Most people make the mistake of just looking, but most stall holders are knowledgeable people and a question asked can save a lot of looking and occasionally whereas they may not have what you are looking for with them, have in many cases have it at home and can post it on .
I attend quite a few over the year and my recommendations if you are looking for parts are
Kempton Park
Founders day
Shepton Mallet ( VMCC not Mortons)
Ross-on-Wye
West country autojumble ( Cirencester)
Telford ( off road only)

The big "shows" generally have over inflated stall and public entry prices and are over populated with tool, plant , clothing, polishing products and other non- motorcycling wares, I no longer sell at Stafford, as an outside pitch ( 15ft of grass) is now 215 add to that the cost of attending for 3 days and the items that get stolen you can see why. The restrictions put on the traders, 'elf and safety, vehicle movement, being forced to attend until after the public gates shut at night etc. make the whole experience something I can live without.
JH
piston 197

Back to top Go down

Cheers John

Post  Bob1557 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:24 pm

Kempton park Saturday 16th it is then, I have been going to Stafford for years and it's 12 years ago that I last bought a project from there and now Sunday late afternoon is the only time you can buy crap parts for a slight discount and there fore my mate and I have been going to places like Welland steam fair and Standford Hall and like you we will not be going back to Stafford, thanks for the heads up. Bob
Bob1557

Back to top Go down

Stafford

Post  piston 197 on Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:55 am

Bob, don't get me wrong, I still go to Stafford, just not expecting to buy anything from the jumble or to have a trade stand, I now take a bike up to put on display, which means I get 2 wristbands and a vehicle pass, this gets me in on the Friday to have a look round before there are any crowds and gets me back in on the Sunday to go to Bonhams auction and to pick up my the bike.
Stafford is still ok as a show, but not much use to actually buy any spares at a reasonable price, but is still worth a visit to look around.
Might see you at Kempton, I will have the usual selection of rusty bits, I try to take something different to each show, so hopefully it will not be what you saw at Ross ?
JH
piston 197

Back to top Go down

Re: Thank you John

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top