» Is my coil faulty??
Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:23 pm by Druid

» Villiers S25/7
Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:34 pm by john87

Cruiser 80 battery

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cruiser 80 battery

Post  Sgtbiro on Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:15 pm

Hi all can anyone tell me what is the best battery to buy for my 1960 cruiser 80.
Cheers Kevin.

Sgtbiro

Back to top Go down

Cruiser 80 battery

Post  FB vincent on Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:04 am

I have used VARTA batteries in recent years. There are not many 6 volt batteries still available, but you should be able find a battery which fits within the available space of the Cruiser frame, and has terminals in a sensible position. Lead acid batteries do not last long with a bike which is not in regular use, but they must be in a reasonable condition to cope with the unregulated Wipac electrical system. Original spec was 12 a/h. Others may have used more modern sealed or gel batteries, but I have no experience of them. Sandy

FB vincent

Back to top Go down

cruiser 80 battery

Post  Sgtbiro on Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:33 pm

FB vincent wrote:I have used VARTA batteries in recent years. There are not many 6 volt batteries still available, but you should be able find a battery which fits within the available space of the Cruiser frame, and has terminals in a sensible position. Lead acid batteries do not last long with a bike which is not in regular use, but they must be in a reasonable condition to cope with the unregulated Wipac electrical system. Original spec was 12 a/h. Others may have used more modern sealed or gel batteries, but I have no experience of them. Sandy

Hi Sandy thanks for that, as when it comes to electrics i am a complete novice with not a clue so your advice is very much appreciated, so thank you again for taking the time to send me a replay.

Cheers Kevin.

Sgtbiro

Back to top Go down

Re: Cruiser 80 battery

Post  Mollbhan on Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:13 pm

Hi Kevin, I have a 1959 Plover, it has a Motobatt MBT6N6 battery fitted, 6v battery that does the job fine,it is a fairly small battery which can be fitted at any angle even upside down if thats what you wanted to do. Available online and costs about 20.00.
Mollbhan

Back to top Go down

cruiser 80 battery

Post  Sgtbiro on Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:19 pm

Mollbhan wrote:Hi Kevin, I have a 1959 Plover, it has a Motobatt MBT6N6 battery fitted, 6v battery that does the job fine,it is a fairly small battery which can be fitted at any angle even upside down if thats what you wanted to do. Available online and costs about 20.00.
Hi Mollbhan.
Thanks for that i will take a look.
Cheers kevin..

Sgtbiro

Back to top Go down

Re: Cruiser 80 battery

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top