Latest topics
» Interesting idea for CDI ignition on youtube.
Today at 8:49 am by rob spence

» Wiring for AMC trials
Yesterday at 9:58 pm by Bigjim

» cruiser 80 chain guard
Yesterday at 9:27 pm by william105

» Can anyone identify these pistons?
Yesterday at 4:02 pm by piston 197

» AMC 20T piston rings
Yesterday at 10:03 am by rob spence

» AMC engined Plover - Wont start
Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:23 am by Davidohyeah

» 1H Starting
Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:47 am by Jack Clegg

» Rolling 40 year MoT exemption starts May 2018
Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:48 pm by John Wakefield

Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:40 pm by Bigjim

Register my bike

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Register my bike

Post  Martinrhyl on Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:34 am

I got my francis barnett off a friend who was taking the bike to the tip years back in a box in bits the whole bike now i have put all back together restored the bike and it runs good ect im wanting to get a licence for the bike it looks like it has the original number plates too how do i go about this ??

Posts : 29
Join date : 2016-04-21

Back to top Go down


Post  piston 197 on Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:49 am

PM sent with contact details
JH ( FBOC dating/dvla officer)
piston 197

Posts : 3543
Join date : 2008-08-17
Location : ross-on-wye

Back to top Go down

Re: Register my bike

Post  John Wakefield on Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:10 am

Have you checked on the DVLA web site to see if the reg No is on the DVLA computor, if it is then you need to fill in form V62 Application for a V5c (you can down load one from DVLA web site or get one from a PO) Fill it in (you will need the frame number) and send it with 25 to DVLA. You should then after a few weeks get a new V5c in your name, the DVLA may do checks & arrange an inspection of the bike by their agents at no extra cost to you.
If number is not on DVLA its worth checking with them as number may be on their archived list. If the bike has been taxed for the road since mid 80's there is a good chance it may be live.
If all else fails & you have no documents ie old buff or green log book then its an age related number via the clubs dating officer (piston 197)

John Wakefield

Posts : 7
Join date : 2017-08-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Register my bike

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum