» Miller magneto
Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:16 am by piston 197

» swinging arm bushes
Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:47 am by Sgtbiro

Loch Ness rally

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Loch Ness rally

Post  stuart elkes on Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:29 pm

To all members on Wednesday 7/6/17 6 members met at the Port Sonachan hotel after 3 days of rides visits etc we moved to Inverness via White bridge where we met highland member Brian Miller and Tony Woods. On Sunday morning we all met up at the Fairways golf club for the main event 5 members were going to take part in the event, Brian Grigg Brian Miller Ken Booth Tony Woods and myself Stuart Elkes. We all left individually but Ken and I had decided to ride together, around 5 miles from the end Ken's machine broke down and we decided I should ride to the finish and arrange recovery I was met with a very concerned Barbara Miller wanting to know about Ken's where abouts assured he was fine she told me there had been a serious incident on the road I was then met by Bert Mackay who said there had been a very serious incident and they were very worried about Tony Woods because he was involved in this incident. It was confirmed by the police and organisers of the rally that Tony Woods had in fact lost his life in this incident it was later presumed that Tony had a fatal heart attack lost control of his machine, this has yet to be confirmed by he Scottish authorities. He died doing what he loved God bless you Tony R.I.P.our thoughts and condolences go out to Moira and all of Tony's family and friends. Stuart Elkes

stuart elkes

Back to top Go down

Re: Loch Ness rally

Post  fulmar88 on Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:07 am

That's really sad news Stuart. Tony found my very first Francis Barnett for me way back in 1999 (the one in my avatar). He was invaluable in getting me involved with these little bikes. When I wrote a few pieces about committee members for The Directory in the early 2000s Tony was one of the people featured. He will be sorely missed.

Steve.
fulmar88

Back to top Go down

Tony woods

Post  kerabo on Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:50 pm

Tony was the first member I met after joining the Fboc about 9 years ago and we had been friends ever since.
A very good rider and a very nice person.
It's very sad but he was doing what he loved.
RIP Tony we will miss you.
Ken Booth
kerabo

Location : Falcon 87. Trials 93 Special. Powerbike 56. Falcon 81 Green Lane bitsa. Sunbeam S8. Honda Deuville.

Back to top Go down

Tony Woods

Post  MoscowFlyer on Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:32 pm

Very sad to hear of the passing of Tony, a true gent and along with Moira they were a lovely couple. I first met Tony and Moira at my first FBOC AGM in 1994, and have been friends ever since. Tony was the Membership Secretary from 1999-2005 and Moira was Treasurer for the same period. Thank You Tony RIP. Mike
MoscowFlyer

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:28 pm

Really shocked. Tony was a lovely bloke and though I haven't managed to see him in recent years he was still sending me his support while as Editor even thanking me in Christmas cards for what I do for the club. Well Tony I thank you for all that you did for the Francis-Barnett Owners Club you will be sorely missed by all of us. My thoughts go out to Moira and all of Tony's family and friends RIP My friend. Mark Swindells

Admin
Admin

http://fboc.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top