» Cruiser 1955
Yesterday at 9:56 pm by Ianh

» VILLIERS 1H
Yesterday at 9:17 pm by Ianh

Wiring harness made to order

Go down

Wiring harness made to order

Post  bill66 on Sun May 07, 2017 4:09 pm

May i introduce myself to club members,I have been manufacturing all makes of wiring harness for over 30 years now, (Classic British bikes only sorry)
I sell mostly on Ebay but have been asked to offer my services direct to fellow member's who require a new harness .All made exactly as original.they come with all extra looms ie tail stop light bulb,loom alternator and horn were required,
A very comprehensive kit Fleece covered with all connectors soldered not crimped spare bullets etc supplied and a wiring harness were battery models required a fuse is also included and all ends fully Labeled.
Should anyone be interested you can contact me on my Email at bill.mead@hotmail.com.
a note to the Admin if there is a charge for me to advertise on your site please contact me.

bill66

Back to top Go down

Wiring harness

Post  piston 197 on Sun May 07, 2017 7:47 pm

Bill nice to hear that you can supply harnesses ,I will make a note of your Email address and when anybody has any harness enquiries I will pass your detail on , thanks
JH
piston 197

Back to top Go down

Wiring Harness

Post  colk2004 on Sun May 07, 2017 8:10 pm

I'm fitting my second harness from Bill to the Falcon 87, the first one was for the BSA Bantam build that I did a year ago. No problems, and with the cloth wrap look the part as well. Thanks Bill.

Cheers Colin
colk2004

Back to top Go down

Re: Wiring harness made to order

Post  bessybarnett on Sun May 07, 2017 10:30 pm

Ordered a harness from Bill a couple of days ago for my Kestrel. (On EBay). Very good value and very good communications. Bill even rang me to discuss one of my options. He was very helpful. Loom will arrive this coming week.

Pete
bessybarnett

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterW on Mon May 08, 2017 2:23 pm

Pete,

Will be very interested to hear how you get on with your loom when you receive it. I'm thinking of ordering one for my Kestrel 66 too. By the way, which options did you go for?

Cheers,

PeterW
PeterW

Back to top Go down

Kestrel 66 lighting harness

Post  bessybarnett on Tue May 09, 2017 6:45 pm

Hi Pete, my direct lighting harness for my Kestrel 66 arrived this morning by first class post. Looks good, all wires are clearly labelled with long enough tails. Extra bullets and connectors etc are included. As I am fitting a rear stop light powered by a Burlen 6v solid state battery in the tool box, I asked for relevant wires be included. Bill was very helpful. A direct lighting diagram is enclosed with Bill's phone number should you need any help, which I may do!

It will be a couple of weeks or so before I start wiring the Kestrel up. I will let you know if all goes well! - I am no expert!

Pete Willis (PeteW !)
bessybarnett

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterW on Tue May 09, 2017 7:43 pm

Sounds good Pete - Will be interested to follow your progress.

............. What is it about Peter Ws and Kestrel 66s?

PeterW
PeterW

Back to top Go down

Post  intrudin on Wed May 10, 2017 12:19 am

Hi Bill do you have a website?? also what is you ebay store ID

Thanks jimd
intrudin

Back to top Go down

Post  bessybarnett on Wed May 10, 2017 6:14 am

Hi Jimd

Bill's EBay link below. He has 100% feedback.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/5*fleamarket?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Pete
bessybarnett

Back to top Go down

Post  intrudin on Wed May 10, 2017 11:15 am

bessybarnett wrote:Hi Jimd

Bill's EBay link below. He has 100% feedback.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/5*fleamarket?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Pete

Cheers
intrudin

Back to top Go down

Wiring Harness's all models

Post  bill66 on Sat May 20, 2017 2:51 pm

Firstly i would like to thank club members for there inquiry's.regarding my Harness's.
I am gradually finding the correct wiring diagrams for the Francis Barnett.models.
Should you have a Harness you want me to copy you can send it too me i will of coarse send it back to you. it makes it easier
my Email.address is Bill.Mead@Hotmail.com should you wish to contact me direct or send a photo.
All the very best to one and all Bill M

bill66

Back to top Go down

Harnesses

Post  piston 197 on Sat May 20, 2017 6:42 pm

Yes Bill I have one of your direct lighting harnesses in the club stock, from a member who purchased the wrong one when he needed a rectified lighting one, the Club bought the one he had not used and I can attest it is an excellent well made item, clearly labelled and well made.
It is available for anybody who needs a direct ( non rectified) Villers 30C,8E Harness, cheque to FBOC, available from me .
JH
piston 197

Back to top Go down

Cruiser 80 wiring harness.

Post  trevbaker47 on Sun May 21, 2017 11:26 am

I ordered a harness from Bill he phoned me about my requirements coil position ect, what a great person he is seams nothing is too much trouble for him. Looking forward to getting my harness. Thanks Bill.

trevbaker47

Back to top Go down

wiring diagram when buying harness

Post  bill66 on Wed May 24, 2017 8:52 am

A warm welcome to all.Confession time i made a harness for a fellow club member but got it wrong,will of course replace said harness no problem.with the correct one i have apologized for the mix up. so i do not get it wrong in the future.If possible if you have the correct diagram please send a photo via my Email address or send direct to me,send a pm and will give address.
I take great pride in my Harness for all makes just need to get it correct,
Many thanks
Bill M

bill66

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrewwoey on Wed May 24, 2017 5:49 pm

Its good to see items still being made here in the UK. Its also good to see a business man acknowledge a mistake and rectify it. Its good that this great spirit and knowledge is helping to keep these old machines on the road.

Andy.

Andrewwoey

Back to top Go down

Wiring loom for Cruiser 80.

Post  Sorcererflyer on Thu May 25, 2017 10:33 am

I recently bought a wiring loom for a Cruiser 80 from Catmando services, a Mr. Colin Farrington. Seems to be of excellent quality, everything plugged straight in and the bike started first kick.A bit pricey but I have no problem paying for excellence. The final problem before re-commissioning is to figure out why she is slipping out of first & second gear. FAS 243 is now on the Irish Register as; 60D 120004.

Sorcererflyer

Back to top Go down

Post  pecon on Sun May 28, 2017 1:28 pm

I too have one of Bill's looms and can confirm that it is of excellent quality with each connection clearly marked. I managed to misplace the wiring diagram and he is in the process of sending me another. A very easy guy to deal with and his looms are very reasonably priced.

Sorcererflyer: The new year based Irish regs are crazy, you could end up with a foot long plate if the number is long enough. I think the alternative ZV plate will do for me.

Peter

pecon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum