Latest topics
» Rubber ring for horn..
Yesterday at 9:59 pm by john87

» Villiers 2E
Yesterday at 7:16 pm by ScottT

» FBOC AGM 12th August
Yesterday at 4:13 pm by kerabo

» How far do you go in keeping with original build quality?
Yesterday at 9:56 am by teebee67

» Falcon 81 wiring..
Yesterday at 8:57 am by john87

» Model 91 Sports Cruiser
Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:32 pm by teebee67

» Paint or Powder Coat?
Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:36 pm by patron

» Villiers Super Sports
Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:20 pm by piston 197

» Stanford Hall
Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:50 pm by kerabo

Villiers Servises Carb reurb

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Villiers Servises Carb reurb

Post  Phil Frost on Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:03 pm

I have a FB Falcon 74 that I acquired last year. The idea was to use it as a winter bike while I did some much needed work on my A10. The bike was rough but mechanical pretty good. New tyres and tubes fitted, a quiet second hand silencer, the very pretty chrome one fitted when I bought the bike was horrifically noisy. Iíve used the bike several times over the winter and found it fun but lacking power at times. I traced the fault down to the carb. There were some poor threads that needed helicoiling so instead of refurbishing the carb myself I gave it to Villiers Services. The carb came back with within a week. All the old removed parts were in a separate bag. I also got a report of all the faults.
Last weekend was the first time out after re fitting the carb. Itís a different bike, responsive powerful (as powerful as an 8E can be) and quieter, that new slide certainly cured the rattle. 75 miles on Sunday, some of those in the Peak district and the bike performed very well even though I had to go down to first for a couple of the hills. I would definitely recommend VS for carb refurbishing.

Phil Frost

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top