Latest topics
» cruiser 80 brakes
Yesterday at 9:35 pm by intrudin

» oil seals for mid 50s rear shocks
Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:07 pm by bill2b

» oil seals for mid 50s rear shocks
Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:37 pm by bill2b

» More carb problems
Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:26 pm by Sgtbiro

» trials shake down run( a few teething problems) bike and rider
Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:26 pm by denman

» cruiser sports
Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:37 pm by sportscruiser

» Villiers gearbox dipstick for sale
Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:51 am by John Wakefield

» plating on falcon 67
Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:28 am by alan67

» 1954 Falcon 67
Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:51 pm by keith livingstone

Dating my bike

Go down

Dating my bike

Post  Kevin B Smith on Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:17 pm

Excellent news my Plover 95 has passed it's MOT today having been off the road for years.

Next problem is apparently it was first registered in 1997 - even though it has an age related registration number - three numbers, three letters.

Taxation class is 'not licensed' on the V5C.

Questions are:
1. Will i be able to license it as historic (free)
2. If not how do I get the bike dated and get the tax class changed.

Thanks for the assistance.

Kevin B Smith

Posts : 20
Join date : 2015-05-10
Location : Worcestershire

Back to top Go down

Historic tax

Post  piston 197 on Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:23 pm

Have a look on the front of the logbook, and see if it says "declared manufactured and a date i.e. 1965) if it does then it will be eligible for Historic tax, you can tax in the post office for free, and they will send the V5c off to get the taxation class amended to "Historic Vehicle)

If it does not sat "declared manufactured *******" on the front, send me a p.m; and I will let you know what you need to send me to get it onto the historic register and to obtain a dating certificate to back this up .
piston 197

Posts : 3745
Join date : 2008-08-17
Location : ross-on-wye

Back to top Go down

Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum