Latest topics

1957 Falcon 74 battery fixing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

1957 Falcon 74 battery fixing

Post  Phil Frost on Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:48 am

I bodged up a fixing for my battery so I could take the bike out for a run yesterday. Good first run out around 50 miles and the bike performed well. Just a couple of minor tweeks to get it better. Now I'd like to fit the battery properly. There doesn't seem to be anything in the battery compartment to fix straps to, just a large void with the rectifier at one end. If anyone can explain or has a picture I would be most grateful.

John Harding, it was significantly quieter, thanks.

Thanks
Phil

Phil Frost

Back to top Go down

Re: 1957 Falcon 74 battery fixing

Post  scootsx2 on Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:55 pm

I used sheets of a heavy rubber compound to line the compartment behind the rectifier. The battery has stayed in place quite nicely. I can post a photo later this week when I get home.
scootsx2

Back to top Go down

Silencer

Post  piston 197 on Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:15 am

Phil , glad the silencer made all of the difference, it is surprising how the replica market can get the externals looking correct(ish), but do not bother putting anything significant up the inside of the system, it makes a tremendous difference to both the sound and the performance.
Happy to help

JH
piston 197

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil Frost on Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:28 am

scootsx2 wrote:I used sheets of a heavy rubber compound to line the compartment behind the rectifier. The battery has stayed in place quite nicely. I can post a photo later this week when I get home.

Thanks but that's what I did. I was looking to find the original method used. If at first you don't succeed, go back and reed the instruction book. I've looked in my original handbook and it states that the battery is a tight fit in the housing and that there is a metal strap at the off side end. I think plenty of rubber will have to remain the fixing method. Thanks for responding.

Phil

Phil Frost

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top