» Francis Barnett Scrambler 94
Today at 8:59 am by MoscowFlyer

» Light Cruiser parts
Yesterday at 8:15 pm by barnetts22

» Found a supplier with AMC rings
Yesterday at 5:48 pm by Cruiser79

» Membership
Yesterday at 5:37 pm by Cruiser79

» Engine & Frame number Identity Help Please.
Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:05 pm by piston 197

» Rear brake linkage
Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:21 am by piston 197

» Falcon 87 - Nearly the final shopping list.
Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:34 pm by colk2004

» Villiers chain guards
Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:15 pm by Challenger

» New Smiths 80mph speedos
Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:26 pm by piston 197

Loch Ness rally

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Loch Ness rally

Post  stuart elkes on Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:44 pm

All members I have just returned from Peterborough show where I met up with Ken Booth and Les Heaton we all agreed to do the next Loch Ness rally and travel to Scotland 3 days before and stop at the Porsonachan hotel everyone is more than welcome to join us but I need to know if any members are interested ASAP to book accommodation. Stuart Elkes.

stuart elkes

Back to top Go down

Scotland

Post  kerabo on Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:44 pm

It would be nice to see some new faces and different bikes. Give it some thought Guys its a beautiful setting.
Regards Ken
kerabo

Location : Falcon 87. Trials 93 Special. Powerbike 56. Falcon 81 Green Lane bitsa. Sunbeam S8. Honda Deuville.

Back to top Go down

Scotland

Post  chamberslane on Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:59 am

Hi Ken,
Can you let me know the dates for this event, some idea of the hotel costs and travel arrangements?. I live in East Yorkshire and it would be a long journey on my own.
Patrick.
chamberslane

Back to top Go down

Scotland

Post  kerabo on Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:23 am

Hello
The Lochness rally is normally the second Sunday in June. We have attended for about the last 5 years. We normally join it up with a run in Scotland and have been to Sky, Moidart, Glenco, and Mull. Last year we circled Loch Awe about 80 miles on mainly single track quiet roads.
If you go to motorcycle shows there is very often a small stall selling 3 night stays in the Portsonason Hotel in Portsonason on Loch Awe for 99.00 for 3 nights B&B. It's in a beautiful setting. It's not 5 star but for the price is good value.
We went to this as a club for the first time last year although I had been 4 times previously.
Last year we all took our wife's and they went together shopping etc. Not sure what will happen this year at the moment regards that.
You buy a ticket and book your dates within the next 18 months when ready so the sooner the better to be sure of getting in.
If anyone wanted to book I could get the person on the stand at our show to take a call from members at the show in Spalding in January. I don't think you can get this deal booking direct.
So we would arrive at the hotel on the Wednesday and ride out Wednesday if time and Thuresday and Friday. After Saturday breakfast we would trailer the bikes to Inverness where we book into the Fairways Travelodge for Saturday and Sunday night. Home on Monday. The Lochness Rally runs from the car park of the travel lodge and there is a meal and awards afterwards. Also a Bar we attend both nights.
Regards Ken
I have a longer run than you Patrick. We often have a night in a Travelodge at Carslile on the way.
Regards Ken
kerabo

Location : Falcon 87. Trials 93 Special. Powerbike 56. Falcon 81 Green Lane bitsa. Sunbeam S8. Honda Deuville.

Back to top Go down

Loch Ness Rally

Post  Mikexyz on Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:29 pm

Evening Stuart.
I'd be very interested in booking the hotel prior to the rally. I attended last year on my Ariel, very good, well organised event. We stopped at a Shearings hotel a few miles North of Inverness, (130 for 3 nights B+B). Not sure which bike I'll use yet, but whichever will be ridden there so adding a few extra days on would be excellent + a chance to have a rest!
Regards. Mike

Mikexyz

Back to top Go down

Loch Ness

Post  stuart elkes on Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:41 pm

Hi mike we will book the port sonachan in January at Spalding show 99 for three nights . Early in January I will book the travel lodge next to the rally start finish area. You are more than welcome to join us for more info call on 01746714364. Stuart Elkes.

stuart elkes

Back to top Go down

Re: Loch Ness rally

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top