» AMC 25T tickover
Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:01 pm by mattyboy1975

» Alternator wires
Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:38 pm by peter@dunfordconstruction

Falcon 87 Clutch and brake cables.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post  colk2004 on Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:13 pm

I did a quick search on here, and google, and I've been checking EBay regularly for a good while now and I haven't found either. Is everyone using universal cable kits and making their own? Does someone have these in stock some where? Or is there an AMC alternative or other manufacturers wares that will fit?

Cheers Colin
colk2004

Back to top Go down

FB cables.

Post  FB vincent on Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:04 pm

colk2004 wrote:I did a quick search on here, and google, and I've been checking EBay regularly for a good while now and I haven't found either. Is everyone using universal cable kits and making their own? Does someone have these in stock some where? Or is there an AMC alternative or other manufacturers wares that will fit?

Cheers Colin

Colin,

What colour is your FB? The difficult ones to source are the green cables for the green and green/white bikes. J.J. Cables will make them for you, but when I last enquired they no longer had any FB green outer sheathing, but could supply in a military drab green. If you really get stuck send me a PM and I might be able to help. Sandy Ross

FB vincent

Back to top Go down

FALCON 87 CLUTCH AND BRAKE CABLES.

Post  colk2004 on Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:05 pm

Hi Sandy.

When it's done it'll be the 1964 green/white colour scheme. If they can do a green it'll be close enough, as the throttle cable and choke cable will be black to start with, and there'll be enough anomalies betime I've done that the wrong shade of green on the cable won't matter. There's been so much of this bike wrong or missing but it will be nice to get it together and ride it. I presume J.J.Cables have the dimensions as cables was one of the things missing!

Cheers Colin
colk2004

Back to top Go down

Re: Falcon 87 Clutch and brake cables.

Post  woodenhead on Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:08 pm

Hi
Try Britbits down in Christchurch he has a huge stock of NOS cables I got green cables for my Cruiser I'm sure he black as well
Regards
Mike d.
http://www.motorcycle-uk.com/britbits.html
woodenhead

Back to top Go down

Post  colk2004 on Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:20 pm

Thanks guys. I've got a green one (brake) and a black one (clutch) ordered. New old stock and correct part numbers so job done. Ended up trying Vale-Onslow as they still have a few FB bits in storage - I've had a brand new petrol cap and early Falcon 87 front mudguard NOS in grey primer off them (there may be another one in stock), so it's got the top mounted number plate mounts rather than the side ones, but it's not as perforated as a tea bag like my old one - still trying to track down a rear mudguard with less holes than mine.

Cheers Colin
colk2004

Back to top Go down

Re: Falcon 87 Clutch and brake cables.

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top