Latest topics
» Interesting idea for CDI ignition on youtube.
Today at 8:49 am by rob spence

» Wiring for AMC trials
Yesterday at 9:58 pm by Bigjim

» cruiser 80 chain guard
Yesterday at 9:27 pm by william105

» Can anyone identify these pistons?
Yesterday at 4:02 pm by piston 197

» AMC 20T piston rings
Yesterday at 10:03 am by rob spence

» AMC engined Plover - Wont start
Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:23 am by Davidohyeah

» 1H Starting
Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:47 am by Jack Clegg

» Rolling 40 year MoT exemption starts May 2018
Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:48 pm by John Wakefield

» 1H ENGINE PARTS
Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:40 pm by Bigjim

ignition switch position

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ignition switch position

Post  derby rob on Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:21 pm

hi , ok this may be a stupid question ,which way do i turn the ignition switch on a cruiser 80 for normal running ? . What is confusing me is the way its labeled , the center position is off and the knob has ign to the left and emg to the right so if i turn the knob anti clockwise am i turning it to the ign position or have i turned it to emg ,because the emg is now in the center position ?
derby rob

Back to top Go down

Switch

Post  kerabo on Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:06 pm

You could remover the battery lead and then it will only start in Emg .
If it's anything like my 87 it charges loads if I forget to turn it back to run and can blow bulbs.
Kena
kerabo

Location : Falcon 87. Trials 93 Special. Powerbike 56. Falcon 81 Green Lane bitsa. Sunbeam S8. Honda Deuville.

Back to top Go down

Wipac ignition switch

Post  FB vincent on Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:22 pm

derby rob wrote:hi , ok this may be a stupid question ,which way do i turn the ignition switch on a cruiser 80 for normal running ? . What is confusing me is the way its labeled , the center position is off and the knob has ign to the left and emg to the right so if i turn the knob anti clockwise am i turning it to the ign position or have i turned it to emg ,because the emg is now in the center position ?

Turn Clockwise for Ignition, Anti-clockwise for Emergency (i.e. if the battery is flat). When the switch is pointing forward then it is Off.

Never try and run an AMC engined Cruiser or Falcon with the battery disconnected, since it is a critical part of the voltage control system.

It is immediately obvious when the switch is in the Emergency position since the ammeter will show a very high charge rate, even with a flat battery the Wipac alternator will quickly charge the battery in the normal Ignition switch position once it is running (if the battery is in good condition and capable of holding a charge).

You need to obtain a copy of the Cruiser 80 handbook from the FBOC, this will tell you everything about the electrical system.

Later Wipac headlamp pressings have an indent to show how the switch has been set.

FB vincent

Back to top Go down

Re: ignition switch position

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top