Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:23 pm by Druid

» Villiers S25/7
Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:34 pm by john87

Falcon 67 Front Wheel Removal

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Falcon 67 Front Wheel Removal

Post  Brentis1 on Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:25 pm

Hi Guys,
Does anyone have any tips on how best to remove and reinstall the front wheel on a Model 67 Falcon. The front brake "torque arm" mounted on the brake seems to foul easily on the forks. I have tried multiple methods but can see any obvious way to remove or reinstall without using a it of brute force and leverage to open the forks.
Just doesn't seem right but would be interested to hear if others have an easy method.

Cheers

Brent

Brentis1

Back to top Go down

Re: Falcon 67 Front Wheel Removal

Post  Tony Rickwood on Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:20 am

I've recently done this with mine. It's difficult with the forks attached to the Bike however, as I found on reassembly! It's not difficult with the forks off as you just drop the wheel downwards and there'a enough clearance. It is tight though. I'd suggest blocking up the centre stand until you can raise the front end sufficiently.
Tony Rickwood

Back to top Go down

Post  IAFalcon67 on Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:08 am

TO remove the front wheel, I uncouple the brake cable from the handlebar. Remove the pinch bolts and distance tubes passing through the bottom of the forks (where the lugs register). Then remove the wheel axels (I had to grind a spanner half down to make it thinner to get to one of the nuts behind the stay on the left (curb) side as it kept spinning. Then the wheel came away easily. I had to lift the forks and push the wheel out too and found that part MUCH easier with a passer by.

The manual says to make sure the brake anchorage registers with the stop on the left hand side, tighten both axel nuts and then do the pinch bolts on the LEFT. Then, without the stand straddle the machine and push the forks vigorously to get it to 'find its one lateral position on the wheel axel nut' Then do up the pinch bolts.

IAFalcon67

Back to top Go down

front wheel

Post  piston 197 on Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:44 am

Brake torque arm ???
The Falcon 67 should not have a brake torque arm ? it should have a "U" shaped bracket on the brake plate that locates around the bottom diameter of the fork slider .
Have you got the correct brake plate/Wheel ?

JH
piston 197

Back to top Go down

Post  Brentis1 on Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:54 am

Hi guys,
Thanks for the suggestions - she certainly seems to be an "awkward" job. JH - the bike definetly has u shaped bracket. This is what I referred to as the torque arm.

Brent

Brentis1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top