Latest topics
» pivot tube
Today at 5:54 pm by ernie

» Double lift centre stand
Today at 4:24 pm by FB vincent

» Contact breaker screw
Today at 1:56 pm by jasperbell

Yesterday at 7:44 pm by MR SINBAD

Yesterday at 9:37 am by piston 197

» 8e gear lever
Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:45 pm by kerabo

» help wanted
Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:20 pm by Dickey0-1

» Cruiser 75 Generator Coils
Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:38 pm by peter@dunfordconstruction

Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:31 pm by bill2b

Day light Mot

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Day light Mot

Post  andy-s on Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:20 pm

I have just registered a trials Falcon 74 from a road going frame (thanks John) , just need to get number plates made up. As its shown as first registered 1956 no need to get an mot and its down as  Historic tax. The question is if I take it on the road what needs to be fitted to comply with a "day light Mot". Some people say it needs a working horn , brake lights , full size number plate . Others say just the plate. I do know it has to be road worthy and capable of passing an mot.  Anyone know for sure?

Last edited by andy-s on Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : made not mad)

Posts : 124
Join date : 2012-09-17
Age : 50
Location : Frome

Back to top Go down


Post  kerabo on Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:36 pm

I was a tester but only or one year but am pretty sure your number plate will have to meet the standards in the annual for your year of bike. Almost certainly you need a horn or a squeeze horn. the number plate should be the correct colour and size for he year.

See the link below. If it ont say it it don't apply . Read the columns carefully applying our year of bike .


Posts : 2182
Join date : 2008-02-11
Age : 67
Location : Falcon 87. Trials 93 Special. Powerbike 56. Falcon 81 Green Lane bitsa. Sunbeam S8. Honda Deuville.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum