Latest topics
» 1H engine/gearbox
Today at 1:58 am by seipgam

» Cruiser 75 sprocket
Yesterday at 7:53 pm by piston 197

» Front hub model 96
Yesterday at 7:34 pm by kerabo

» Villiers headgasket
Yesterday at 4:38 pm by kerabo

» Looking forward
Yesterday at 2:32 pm by kerabo

» Falcon 87 head gasket.
Yesterday at 12:54 pm by kerabo

» Falcon 81 rear brake..
Yesterday at 7:28 am by kerabo

» Is my coil faulty??
Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:23 pm by Druid

» Villiers S25/7
Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:34 pm by john87


Villiers 9E mainshaft spline count (7E to 9E clutch conversion)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Villiers 9E mainshaft spline count (7E to 9E clutch conversion)

Post  forzamacchi on Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:36 pm

Hello all,
I am planning on doing the 9E cluch conversion on my 7E powered trials bike. I live in the States and have a resource for parts, but he is asking for the spline count on a 9E mainshaft. Can anyone help me out? Thanks, Ben

forzamacchi

Posts : 3
Join date : 2015-10-26

Back to top Go down

9e clutch

Post  andy-s on Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:10 pm

Hi Ben , it is possible to convert the 7e to a more modern clutch (not a 9e) with out the need to remove the main shaft . Villiers Services supplied me a modern clutch (Suzuki I think) that replaced the whole old clutch on my 8e . It bolted on to the existing shaft with no engineering needed , just a 9mm spacer between the chaincase inner and outer . Not what you wanted to know but it might help .
Andy
avatar
andy-s

Posts : 124
Join date : 2012-09-17
Age : 50
Location : Frome

Back to top Go down

clutch conversion

Post  piston 197 on Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:32 pm

The 9E/3 speed shaft , is a straight fit into the 8E/3speed gearbox and will allow the fitment of the later clutch, but you will need the 9mm spacer between the inner and outer cases.
to fit the 9E clutch to the Villiers 7E or 8E/4 speed gearbox, you will need a special centre adaptor as this has a larger 5 spline set up, all of the 3 speed 7E/8E have the smaller 6 spline shaft
JH
avatar
piston 197
Moderator

Posts : 3581
Join date : 2008-08-17
Location : ross-on-wye

Back to top Go down

Re: Villiers 9E mainshaft spline count (7E to 9E clutch conversion)

Post  Andrewwoey on Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:10 pm

andy-s wrote:Hi Ben , it is possible to convert the 7e to a more modern clutch (not a 9e) with out the need to remove the main shaft . Villiers Services supplied me a modern clutch (Suzuki I think) that replaced the whole old clutch on my 8e . It bolted on to the existing shaft with no engineering needed , just a 9mm spacer between the chaincase inner and outer . Not what you wanted to know but it might help .
Andy

Did you find any difference/improvement using the modern clutch?

Andy.

Andrewwoey

Posts : 77
Join date : 2016-08-08
Location : Wolverley, Worcestershire.

Back to top Go down

modern clutch

Post  andy-s on Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:38 pm

The modern clutch works well . Its in a 8e with a 3 speed box used for trials . No oil in the case , no slippage and perfect pick up. Not cheap but when riding the clutch in trials it works well .
Andy
avatar
andy-s

Posts : 124
Join date : 2012-09-17
Age : 50
Location : Frome

Back to top Go down

Re: Villiers 9E mainshaft spline count (7E to 9E clutch conversion)

Post  Andrewwoey on Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:50 pm

andy-s wrote:The modern clutch works well . Its in a 8e with a 3 speed box used for trials . No oil in the case , no slippage and perfect pick up. Not cheap but when riding the clutch in trials it works well .
Andy

No oil in the case?

Andrewwoey

Posts : 77
Join date : 2016-08-08
Location : Wolverley, Worcestershire.

Back to top Go down

modern clutch

Post  andy-s on Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:07 pm

In the chain case . The clutch uses modern friction material on the clutch plates .
avatar
andy-s

Posts : 124
Join date : 2012-09-17
Age : 50
Location : Frome

Back to top Go down

Re: Villiers 9E mainshaft spline count (7E to 9E clutch conversion)

Post  Andrewwoey on Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:10 pm

andy-s wrote:In the chain case . The clutch uses modern friction material on the clutch plates .

Ok. So using a dry clutch set up. I understand now Very Happy

Andy.

Andrewwoey

Posts : 77
Join date : 2016-08-08
Location : Wolverley, Worcestershire.

Back to top Go down

Re: Villiers 9E mainshaft spline count (7E to 9E clutch conversion)

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum