» Cruiser 75 Generator Coils
Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:38 pm by peter@dunfordconstruction

» ITEMS FOR SALE OR WANTED
Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:31 pm by bill2b

Just a few questions!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Just a few questions!!

Post  Mitch70 on Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:30 pm

Hi, brand new to this site and to owning a FB! Treat me gently!
I have a 1957 FB Falcon Villiers 197cc engine, fantastic shed find! One owner from new and pretty much complete.
Firstly a question about the battery, we have nothing to compare it to, so what type of 6v do we need and how easy is it to change to 12v and would you recommend doing so.
Secondly the bike was green, currently grey and it has a green leather seat, we think it has white piping but it could be cream, which would have been the original colour? Is there a seat pattern anywhere so we can renew the leather and foam.
Lastly for now, we have the buff log book and would like to try and register it with the original plates YHW303, is it better to restore it first then register it or register it now and restore after?
Thank you for reading, looking forward to our restoration journey, and hoping for some great brains to pick!
Kind regards Michelle
Mitch70

Back to top Go down

PM sent

Post  piston 197 on Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:43 am

I have sent you a pm with regard to registering the Falcon,
It would have been Arden green all over with the exception of silver wheel hubs, the seat would have been green with cream piping, RK Leighton in Birmingham can supply foam and cover, or can do the whole process for you, The bike would have been 6 volt, it is not easy to change to 12Volt as the generator does not in it's current form produce enough juice. My FB is 12 Volt, but the ignition has been junked and replaced with a Lucas Alternator, it can be done, but requires a lot of engineering
JH
piston 197

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top