» Light Cruiser parts
Yesterday at 8:15 pm by barnetts22

» Francis Barnett Scrambler 94
Yesterday at 7:56 pm by piston 197

» Found a supplier with AMC rings
Yesterday at 5:48 pm by Cruiser79

» Membership
Yesterday at 5:37 pm by Cruiser79

» Engine & Frame number Identity Help Please.
Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:05 pm by piston 197

» Rear brake linkage
Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:21 am by piston 197

» Falcon 87 - Nearly the final shopping list.
Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:34 pm by colk2004

» Villiers chain guards
Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:15 pm by Challenger

» New Smiths 80mph speedos
Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:26 pm by piston 197

northern events

View previous topic View next topic Go down

northern events

Post  stuart elkes on Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:44 pm

I have just read with disbelief that Ted Lloyd had read a letter from a member that complained that all events attended by the club were in the south. This year events attended by the club were as follows March Wistanstow show only 1 member attended April Stafford show Bob Adams could not get bikes I had to show 2 of mine to make up the numbers Malvern 1 member attended May Ken Booth organised the Tan Hill struggled to get 4 of us. June Scotland including Loch Ness rally 5 of us really needed twice that number. Later this month Banbury Run club stand new gazebo 2 members showing bikes July Mallory park 1 member and perhaps the chairman attending need at least 6. September Borders classic 3 members shown interest need 6 to eight. There are plenty of events in the north check the Directory and the Forum join in we need you to fly the flag for your club. Ring 01746714364 if you need more info. Stuart Ekes.

stuart elkes

Back to top Go down

complaints

Post  piston 197 on Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:35 pm

Stuart, it's a thankless task stick with it, as an event organiser I have heard it all, from the bike owner " it's all car stuff", at the same event from the car owner "it's all bike stuff" , just occasionally you get a good comment from someone and it makes it all worth while.
The number of times I have supplied what someone asked for only to find out what they asked for was not what they wanted. You develop a thick skin and it gets easier, I for one appreciate what you do, seldom display any bikes anywhere, usually because I am at an event such as Stafford Bristol or Banbury, but am working on a stall, but appreciate the effort of those that do .
JH
piston 197

Back to top Go down

Events

Post  kerabo on Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:43 pm

Its a real pity that many people don't join in with the events and runs. I know we are not all the same and its not everyone's cup of tea. It can be a little expensive at times but its something that people should consider trying . Age cant be used as an excuse as we just had an 81 and a 79 year old ride 400 miles in Scotland on Francis Barnetts.
Give it a try you may like it.

Ken Booth
kerabo

Location : Falcon 87. Trials 93 Special. Powerbike 56. Falcon 81 Green Lane bitsa. Sunbeam S8. Honda Deuville.

Back to top Go down

Northern Events

Post  colk2004 on Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:28 pm

Last Month I posted a list of things to do in Yorkshire for May, and at some point from that I'll be meeting up with another member at Fimber (ok it's in my car as the FB is spread through the house and shed currently)...but it's a start. Unfortunately I have managed to put up dates for June due to a family bereavement. I did this on the Bantam forum about 2 years ago, and it started with 2 of us meeting at Wetherby autojumble. Now the Yorkshire group of Bantam owners is one of the most active in the country. It seemed to be a case of getting a few people to meet up and then it snow balls from there (though it seems that a country show with a beer tent also helps). Basically if people want Northern Events they need to start attending some, meet other owners and it'll go from there. Lets see if we can get a Francis Barnett presence somewhere like Pickering!

Cheers Colin
colk2004

Back to top Go down

Big Bike Sunday Skipton

Post  colk2004 on Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:33 am

https://www.facebook.com/bigbikesunday if anyone's around I'll be out spotting all those cracking bikes. Any one else going?

Cheers Colin
colk2004

Back to top Go down

Re: northern events

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top