» Cruiser 75 Generator Coils
Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:38 pm by peter@dunfordconstruction

» ITEMS FOR SALE OR WANTED
Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:31 pm by bill2b

» Contact breaker screw
Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:30 pm by kerabo

» Pub meet FFOC welcome
Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:32 pm by kerabo

D10 villiers FB Merlin - timing - not in time !!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

D10 villiers FB Merlin - timing - not in time !!

Post  Greecegun on Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:45 pm

hi all.. am trying to time up the d10 engine.
have done as per chapter verse etc . top dead center, mark back by the seconds etc , etc - i spent all day Sunday messing about - one minute i have spark ignition then not, so tinker about, set the gaps at widest point 15thou as per the book! but still nothing, then the spark comes back, and set the points (which are new from villiers) but the old girl doesn't seem to want to play ball...
ps - the engine is a rebuild so the fly wheel was off . but set it back up as per the book, and marker (arrow) indicating the when the fly wheel at top / the piston is the same ..so think its all set up correct

so as opposed to wrestling with it, thought might be best to turn here and get some sound advice as to where i might be going wrong! after all there is not a lot to go do in setting it up , so I'm obviously missing something ..or is it starved of fuel ? spark plug seems to be getting the fuel (smell and getting a bit damp, but not over wet etc) or is it flooding the engine, the carb was a new rebuild from villiers. jet etc seems all or - open and closes all ok on the throttle ... so any ideas please to what trick im missing out on ...
Greecegun

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top