» AMC 250CC CARB
Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:44 pm by MR SINBAD

» VILLIERS 1H
Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:37 am by piston 197

HT cable location

View previous topic View next topic Go down

HT cable location

Post  rvracing on Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:00 pm

hi all . as part of my ( sensible mods) additions, i would like to change the HT cable on my 3 speed villiers fb falcon, it looks like the ht lead passed into the rear of the mag housing , and seems to start to unscrew, not wanting to push it to far without advice, is this how you would go about changing the lead? does is unscrew? thanks all:D 

rvracing

Back to top Go down

HT lead

Post  piston 197 on Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:41 am

Yes the Bakelite rose unscrews , then inside of it there is a spring loaded contact , up the inside of this is a small brass screw, you will need to remove this screw with a small electrical screwdriver to change the lead. You cannot remove the lead on its own without unscrewing the whole assembly
JH
piston 197

Back to top Go down

Re: HT cable location

Post  rvracing on Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:48 am

thanks for that. as they say, im learning, i must say, having had a meddle with and read about thease little bikes, i can see there was some good ideas around in the mid 50,s. mine has an original unmolested wiring loom, with the old school soft rubber type insulation, all i have had to do is add a battery from a yamaha dt 175. however im slightly concerned about the rectifier, its still working ok, 6.5 volts ish, i feel i need to arm myself with a replacement soon, ebay has proved fruitless for now, i have thought about building my own full wave bridge rectifier costing pence, advice on this will be very welcome rob Very Happy 

rvracing

Back to top Go down

6 volt electrics

Post  myquest on Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:01 am

Rob.
Check out Alan Osborn's website for all things electrical. http://www.aoservices.co.uk/
He sells a small solid-state rectifier for a few pounds and will provide a revised wiring diagram for your Falcon.
Mike West
myquest

Back to top Go down

Re: HT cable location

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top