» Francis Barnett Scrambler 94
Today at 8:59 am by MoscowFlyer

» Light Cruiser parts
Yesterday at 8:15 pm by barnetts22

» Found a supplier with AMC rings
Yesterday at 5:48 pm by Cruiser79

» Membership
Yesterday at 5:37 pm by Cruiser79

» Engine & Frame number Identity Help Please.
Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:05 pm by piston 197

» Rear brake linkage
Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:21 am by piston 197

» Falcon 87 - Nearly the final shopping list.
Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:34 pm by colk2004

» Villiers chain guards
Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:15 pm by Challenger

» New Smiths 80mph speedos
Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:26 pm by piston 197

borders classic

View previous topic View next topic Go down

borders classic

Post  stuart elkes on Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:29 pm

I have at last today confirmed we have space at the Borders classic show for the club stand all I need now is bikes the show is a two day event held in Cleobury Mortimer Shropshire on September 14th 15th if you would like to show a bike please get in touch as soon as possible. I am hoping to organise a lands end to john o,groats run in early june 2014 if you would like to do the trip please show your interest now. Stuart Elkes. 01746714364

stuart elkes

Back to top Go down

borders classic

Post  bessybarnett on Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:24 pm

The Borders Classic Motorcycle Show held at Cleobury Mortimer on 14th and 15th September was a relatively quiet event this year. Some of the main manufacturer stands seem to be missing i.e. Norton, BSA, Triumph and possibly others, which meant as we only had five bikes, there was plenty of room to swing a carb! Once again the Francis Barnett stand looked brilliant, thanks to Stuart and Bob. Saturday was a fine sunny day (my wife and I were at Ludlow enjoying the Food Festival!), but with the Sunday being a wet and windy day it was noted by all that numbers attending appeared to be down on last year. However there was still quite a bit of interest in the bikes on the FB stand with Stuart Elkesí sparkling Fulmar Sport 1963, Falcon 57 and FB special? (which is nearly complete), Bob Adamís Cruiser and my Falcon 74. Stuart manned the stand on Saturday and I was there to assist on Sunday, sharing my limited FB knowledge with the interested. It was good fun. Sadly we didnít pick up an award this year; we thought we would give others a chance! It was nice to see Norman and his good lady on the Sunday for a chat. Bob and his wife arrived in the afternoon in preparation to dismantle the stand. The Show closed a little earlier than usual and many of us had to load up and depart in the rain. On the way home, through the spray, I spotted one or two drenched bikers with their dead bikes by the roadside, not a good feeling!

Stuart will no doubt give a more full precise of the Show, but I thought you all might like a flavour of the weekend.

Thanks once again to Stuart, he deserves a medal!
bessybarnett

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top