» plating on falcon 67
Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:28 am by alan67

» 1954 Falcon 67
Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:51 pm by keith livingstone

falcon fork clamps

Go down

falcon fork clamps

Post  ratbag on Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:59 pm

Hi, I am about to refit the front mudguard on my falcon 74 but I don't want to mark the new paintwork fitting the front mudguard support fork clamps in the wrong place. So does anybody own a falcon 74 or know where the clamps should be. A measurement from the center of the spindle to the bottom of the clamp would be great. thanks and kind regards

ratbag

Back to top Go down

Re: falcon fork clamps

Post  Jack Clegg on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:31 am

I would say to fit the mudguard so it is aligned with the front wheel by eye & then fit the clamps. I have seen these 74 mudguards misaligned (one example in the gallery). The clamps control the clearance/height between the prow of the guard & the tyre, the front stand fixes the clearance at the rear of the guard. The seamed rib in the guard should follow the tyre outside diameter when viewed in profile. It really is a case of looking correct rather than a fixed measurement.
Jack Clegg

http://jackclegg.com

Back to top Go down

thanks for your reply, all information is helpful

Post  ratbag on Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:31 pm

Jack Clegg wrote:I would say to fit the mudguard so it is aligned with the front wheel by eye & then fit the clamps. I have seen these 74 mudguards misaligned (one example in the gallery). The clamps control the clearance/height between the prow of the guard & the tyre, the front stand fixes the clearance at the rear of the guard. The seamed rib in the guard should follow the tyre outside diameter when viewed in profile. It really is a case of looking correct rather than a fixed measurement.

ratbag

Back to top Go down

Mudguard

Post  kerabo on Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:29 pm

They can be a real pain espically after you have a nice paint job done. As said align it by eye making sure you have the same wheel/tyre showing all then way round. I have spread them open to put in place loose and then when in the correct place clamp with some grips and attempt to get the brace over them. Even brought the wife into the garage to help.
Ken
kerabo

Location : Falcon 87. Trials 93 Special. Powerbike 56. Falcon 81 Green Lane bitsa. Sunbeam S8. Honda Deuville.

Back to top Go down

Re: falcon fork clamps

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum