» plating on falcon 67
Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:28 am by alan67

» 1954 Falcon 67
Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:51 pm by keith livingstone

John Baker R.I.P.

Go down

John Baker R.I.P.

Post  piston 197 on Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:24 pm

I have had notification from John Baker's friend Ray Cooper,that John,former stalwart of the club,and former events organiser passed away this morning after a long illness,i will post information as to funeral details on this forum when i have them for those who may be interested.JH
piston 197

Back to top Go down

funeral details

Post  piston 197 on Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:38 pm

Further to the above post i can now confirm,
the funeral will take place on Friday 23rd March at Barnstaple crematorium,old Torrington Rd,EX31 3NW,at 10.30a.m. I will be there to represent the club,JH
piston 197

Back to top Go down

John Baker R.I.P.

Post  MoscowFlyer on Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:09 am

I am very sorry to hear this sad news. John did a great deal to promote this club, he was a Francis Barnett enthusiast through and through. John had both technical and organizing skill, he was a great help to me prior to my Moscow Trip, with good advise and possible back up if needed. R.I.P. Mike
MoscowFlyer

Back to top Go down

Re: John Baker R.I.P.

Post  Admin on Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:40 pm

Very sad news.
R.I.P John Baker thank you for all you did for this Club making it what it is today.

Admin
Admin

http://fboc.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

John Baker

Post  piston 197 on Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:03 pm

I attended John's funeral today at Barnstaple crematorium representing the club with former committee member Keith Young and his wife Sarah.While we all knew John from his association with the FBOC it was interesting to hear of his life as an RAF pilot officer and his charitable and trust work.
On a charitable note ,John has donated all of his remaining FB spares to the FBOC and i will be making a trip to Devon next week to extricate them,these will be available shortly and i will let everyone know what there is when i know more,all proceeds (less cost of fetching the spares) will be going to the FBOC,
John Harding
piston 197

Back to top Go down

john bakers spares

Post  piston 197 on Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:17 pm

Further to the above post,some areas of clarification,John Baker in his will has left the spares to myself John Harding and not to the FBOC,but the understanding John and i had was that the slae of these items would as said above be for the benefit of club funds and i fully intend to honour this agreement,
The collection of the spares will entail a 280 mile round trip and i will be taking paid help to extricate said spares from the house and garage loft.
Due to interference from club members /committee writing to the family solicitors demanding to see what the club has been left (but for my honesty and compliance with John's wishes would be nothing),this has entailed the solicitors to write to the executors individually and to the club, letters at a cost of 25 each and to make phone calls at a rate per minute.I intend to bring up at committee the possibility of re-imbursing the family for these extra costs.
The cost of these spares to the club will be diesel costs (approx 60) and a days labour for the paid help of 50,this will be met from the first sales of spares,
I will be giving up a day of my time to fetch these items and will be storing them free of charge,administering their distribution,hopefully i will have an idea of what there is and will be able to make some kind of list in the future.
I do hope this has clarified the matter and no further muudying of the water wiil occur,JH
piston 197

Back to top Go down

parts from John Baker's Haul

Post  piston 197 on Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:18 pm

I have made the trip to Barnstaple and back,and am now in some position to let people know what is there.Unfortunately everything is stripped to the Nth degree ,there must be 50 ice cream tubs containing nut,bolt,rubbers etc that will have to be sorted,there are a number of strpped cruiser frames,forks,wheels,exhausts,some tinware and stands,there are barrels ,heads,colis,footrests,hex bars,some s/hand handle bars and electrics,legshields,stays etc approx 1/2 a dozen tanks mostly cruiser ,but 1, 87 and one 74,
initially the first 110 of sales will be to recoup the cost of collection,the rumpus caused by contact with the solicitors has now entailed a bill of in excess of 300,so the next sales will be going to pay John's family for their extra legal costs,then finally some ,if any of the remainder will be going into the club spares account,please feel free to ask if there is anything you require ,i can't promise a speedy answer as everything is currently in an unsorted pile ,JH
piston 197

Back to top Go down

SPARES

Post  andy4205 on Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:50 am

John

Looking for centre stand falcon 87 if there is one inthe bits you have collected

Cheers
Andy

andy4205

Back to top Go down

And heres hoping....

Post  fulmar88 on Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:16 am

JH,
I'm still after that elusive Fulmar lifting handle should you come across one, and an original air intake hose.

Steve.
fulmar88

Back to top Go down

Re: John Baker R.I.P.

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum