» Cruiser 75 Generator Coils
Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:38 pm by peter@dunfordconstruction

» ITEMS FOR SALE OR WANTED
Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:31 pm by bill2b

My Falcon 58 in 1961

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My Falcon 58 in 1961

Post  chamberslane on Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:47 pm

Attached is a picture of my 1953 Falcon 58, taken in 1961.

The young lady, Irene, sitting on the bike, is my then girlfriend, now wife (since 1963). She is still riding pillion, and was on the back of my Cruiser 89 on the FB Owners' Club trip to the IOM in September of this year.

When I acquired the Falcon, it was fitted with an original single seat, however I managed to convert it to a dual seat with a dubious tartan item obtained at a very reasonable price from a local breaker's yard. Needless to say, it performed its intended purpose, and we covered many happy miles together - as we still do to this very day.

Patrick

chamberslane

Back to top Go down

Re: My Falcon 58 in 1961

Post  Flo on Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:02 pm

Lovely photo.
I too have a wife who rides pillion at every opportunity she can after 33 years, but not as long as you - yet. Only problem is that she will not go on the back of my '58. It has a dual seat, so really, she has no excuse (too embarrasing she says).
I wonder if that one in the photo was light blue? I am at the moment just finishing off the priming on the tank & toolbox, after lead filling, & am about to spray them light blue.

Flo

Back to top Go down

My Falcon 58

Post  chamberslane on Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:27 am

As I remember the frame and forks were dark blue and the tinware was silver. I dont know if they were the original colours but it looked good.
Patrick
chamberslane wrote:Attached is a picture of my 1953 Falcon 58, taken in 1961.

The young lady, Irene, sitting on the bike, is my then girlfriend, now wife (since 1963). She is still riding pillion, and was on the back of my Cruiser 89 on the FB Owners' Club trip to the IOM in September of this year.

When I acquired the Falcon, it was fitted with an original single seat, however I managed to convert it to a dual seat with a dubious tartan item obtained at a very reasonable price from a local breaker's yard. Needless to say, it performed its intended purpose, and we covered many happy miles together - as we still do to this very day.

Patrick

chamberslane

Back to top Go down

colours

Post  piston 197 on Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:18 am

There were two colour schemes for the falcon 58 (series II (8E engine) ) in 1953 azure blue and all black,as your frame and forks were blue then so should the rest of the tinware,but the lighter colour scheme of silver breaks it up quite nicely especially in a black/white period photo.JH
piston 197

Back to top Go down

Post  Malfisher on Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:33 pm

Cracking old photo Patrick, it's when you see these old photos and enjoy them, it makes me wish I'd have took a load years ago, I aint hardly got a one from years back.

Malc.
Malfisher

Back to top Go down

My Falcon 58 1961

Post  John the bike on Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:58 pm

Hi Patrick

Love the Photo. Arnt we lucky, a Yorkshire lass on the back of the bike what more do you want, mine is not keen to go on the cafe racer but rides a few thousend miles on the pillion, she has not been on the FB yet but neither have I but it is just about ready for the coming year.
I see you are in East Yorks we should have a meet at the Tea pot one day.

Happy new year
John and Sheila

John the bike

Back to top Go down

Falcon 58

Post  chamberslane on Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:53 pm

Hi John & Sheila
Glad you like the picture - yes, aren't we lucky. Really looking forward to the better weather and perhaps we can meet up at the "Tea Pot Cafe", it's just a nice ride out.

Happy New Year to you too.

Patrick
chamberslane

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top