» Cruiser 1955
Yesterday at 9:56 pm by Ianh

» VILLIERS 1H
Yesterday at 9:17 pm by Ianh

frame numbers

Go down

frame numbers

Post  Osierman on Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:52 am

Can anyone help by telling me where I might find the frame number on an FB Powerbike 56 Autocycle built around 1951. If I do find it, is there any source that can identify the exact year of manufacture so that I can re-register the bike.

Osierman

Back to top Go down

frame number

Post  MoscowFlyer on Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:31 pm

Hi, the frame number is stamped on the left hand side of the steering head, and the engine number is stamped on the left hand crankcase immediately below the cylinder base. Mike Cool

1949..801..........ON
1950..801..........PN
1951..801..........RN
1951..189A........RN
1952..189A........SN

Last edited by RussianFlyer on Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:14 pm; edited 3 times in total
MoscowFlyer

Back to top Go down

FB powerbike frame number

Post  osierman on Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:05 pm

Many thanks for that Mike. That is a great help.

osierman

Back to top Go down

Re: frame numbers

Post  Osierman on Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:18 am

Thanks for the further details about the frame numbers and years. That looks to be just what I need. DVLA tell me that I will need definitive evidence to support this information in order to register the machine. Is there any kind of official list or document that I could obtain or quote where these frame numbers appear. Does the club have an official document.

Richard M

Osierman

Back to top Go down

definative evidence

Post  piston 197 on Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:39 pm

The evidence the DVLA refer to includes : old logbook,old tax disc,archive copy of original entry book from registering authority,old m.o.t,original bill opf sale showing frame No and registration(all of these need to be prior to 1984),any documentary evidence telling you where the frame and engine No are will be of no use to you,in all instances you will need a dating letter from the club(me),with none of the above documentation,you will need to go for an age-related number(in this case the bike will have to be insured and mot,ed before it can be registered ,feel free to phone me (01989 750731) to discuss,John H
piston 197

Back to top Go down

Post  osierman on Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:14 pm

I very much appreciate that information John. The bike is on E bay. The owner has no documents and says there is no frame number either on the headstock or below the saddle. Since I want to be able to ride a machine that I buy I think I will have to give up on this one. It appears from the owners blurb that he only shows it at rallies. It is a pity because it looks pretty good. Oh well.

Thanks again Richard

osierman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum